The FL-243 series processing unit (Patent Pending) was designed to efficiently mix a high slump material (slurry) with a minimal amount of a dry product, to create a by-product that has a low slump discharge. This by-product can now be handled as a “solid” material. Depending on the dry product used, characteristics of the “solid” by-product may lend to a secondary use or ease of disposal. The FL-243 unit operates on a continuous process, not on a batch type process, which allows for larger output at days end.
The FL-243 was designed for ease of set-up / teardown and can be operated by a single competent operator.
- FL-243 Solidification Mixer Specifications
- FL-243 Solidification Mixer gallery
- Contact your local Vermeer Dealer
- Features and benefits
- Solidification History
- Flailbond® 100 Solidification Powder
- Contact Us For More Information
FL-243 system solidifies water based slurry mixtures like:
- Daylighting and pothole liquids from Vacuum trucks and portable Vacuum units.
- HDD liquids – as received, no pre-cleaning required.
- Pond sludges.
- Construction site maintenance and cleanup liquids.
- Liquids received at dump sites.
Features & Benefits
- No need for liquids to leave construction job site.
- Avoids high liquids dump fees.
- Enables better vacuum truck utilization, no need to leave the job site or travel into congested traffic for hours to dump liquids.
- In any environmental approval application to do job, can specify “no liquid slurries need to leave the jobsite”.
- Solids retained on site can be used for cover or as part of remediation materials, so no disposal costs and may save some remediation material costs.
- If no use for solids on site, they can be stored and shipped offsite at off peak travel time at lower cost than liquids shipping.
- Can be blended with other soils as remediation material.
SURFACE TO SURFACE, INC. has been involved in the business of mixing, separating, flocculation and solidification for over 25 years.
- Used the core knowledge from our proprietary 4 point shear bentonite mixing system to design liquid solidification units.
- We aided in the development of new dry powders to solidify various fluid and semi-solid waste streams.
- Over time we have prototyped, designed, and tested various units for solidification of a semi-solid waste streams.
- Over the years we have listened to and learned from contractors, what they want and need to improve our equipment, and the way they want to use it.
- 2017 –FLAILBOND® solidification powder blends developed jointly with supplier for high performance with the FL-243 mixer! (FL-243 specs)
FLAILBOND® 100 SOLIDIFICATION POWDER
|IT IS||IT IS NOT|
|Blend of mostly sodium bentonite clay & superabsorbent polymer (used in baby diapers)|
|Inert fine particle powder||Not A Reagent|
|Performs mechanical actions of sorption by polymer absorbing water, sodium bentonite adsorbing water, and binding by ion exchange||Not A Chemical Reaction|
|Solidified waste is classed as a solid if it meets standard slump or paint filter tests|
|Uses only 0.75% to 2.0% powder by weight of slurry processed depending on amount of water in the slurry|
|Solidification on the spot immediately follows mixing by the FL-243|
Buy from Surface to Surface, in 2000 lb. super sacs in truck load quantities.